This 15 hour specialist CPD module is designed to support Counsellors, Therapists and Mental Health Professionals to incorporate a bi-affirmative stance in their practice. It aims to raise awareness of bisexuality, biphobia and the unique challenges bisexual clients might face.
This CPD module offers you the opportunity to:
- understand bispectrum identities and the variance in bisexuality
- notice and identify bi negativity and internalised biphobia
- understand the specific challenges facing many bisexual clients
- recognise possible challenges for partners of bi people in mixed orientation relationships
- identify what is required to hold a bi-affirmative stance in your practice
Candidates who submit and pass a short set of tutor-marked questions will achieve a Certificate of Study worth 15 hours of CPD credit from Pink Therapy.
About the Author:
Niki D has worked as a counsellor and therapist for 25 years. She has an MA in Existential Psychotherapy and works with individuals, couples and groups. Niki has been a clinical supervisor for the Met Police and many voluntary sector charities. She is a freelance trainer and a lecturer at Regents University.
With a full time private practice, she works extensively with GSRD clients and is a clinical associate with Pink Therapy. Niki identifies as a bisexual woman and has an interest in delivering training on sexuality, including working therapeutically with sexual attraction in therapy. She has recently written a chapter for the special edition on ‘Bisexuality and Relationships’ in the Sexual and Relationship Therapy Journal 2018.