This 15 hour CPD module offers you the opportunity to:
- explore a wide range of views about SOGICE and understand the negative impact of these discriminatory practices through the experiences of survivors
- understand the legal and ethical positions around SOGICE and consider how harmful practice can be eliminated so that GSRD clients can access safe, ethical support when they experience a crisis of conflict that involves their sexual or gender identity
- identify what motivates GSRD clients to seek SOGICE and understand the internal and external factors that may contribute to a request for therapy
- establish how you can forge an effective therapeutic alliance with GSRD clients who are struggling with the distress of identity conflict so that they can access therapy that will not reinforce the harmful impact of discrimination
- understand the complexities of intersectional identity conflict and explore therapeutic approaches and interventions that you can apply in your clinical practice to support clients on a path towards integration and personal authenticity
Candidates who submit and pass a short set of tutor-marked questions will achieve a Certificate of Study worth 15 hours of CPD credit from Pink Therapy.
About the Author:
A therapist since 2004, Jo has previously worked as a music teacher and a missionary, and has extensive experience in training and working with groups. She has an MSc in Counselling Studies (Advanced Practice) from Edinburgh University, is a graduate of the Pink Therapy Post-Graduate Diploma, an Advanced Accredited Sexual Diversity Therapist (Pink Therapy) and a Clinical Associate of Pink Therapy. Jo is asexual.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org web: www.temenos.org.uk