This 15 hour CPD module offers you the opportunity to:
- understand the specialist nature of Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity Therapy and the wide range of identities, practices and lifestyles that are represented within the GSRD client group
- identify the core principles of GSRD Therapy and assess how well equipped your own practice/organisation is to meet the needs of a range of GSRD clients
- understand why GSRD clients may bring key issues of resilience, hypervigilance and shame to therapy and consider the impact of these issues on your client work
- explore factors that contribute to the success of GSRD Therapy and develop awareness of therapeutic guidelines and recommendations for ethical practice
- understand the significance of cultural competence and safety in delivering positive GSRD Therapy and consider how you can create an appropriate, welcoming environment for a range of GSRD clients
Candidates who submit and pass a short set of tutor-marked questions will achieve a Certificate of Study worth 15 hours of CPD credit from Pink Therapy.
About the Author:
Dominic Davies is a Fellow of BACP and a Senior Registered Counsellor/Psychotherapist with BACP and an accredited psychotherapist with the National Council for Psychotherapy. He is also a member of the Consortium for Academic Research in Alternative Sexualities (CARAS) and the World Professional Association for Transgender Health (WPATH) and the World Association for Sexual Health. He has over thirty years clinical experience of working with a wide variety of gender and sexual diversity clients. He pioneered HIV care and service provision in the late 1980s; his current clinical interests lie in Diversities in Sexual Expression and Lifestyle, Gender Therapy and Chemsex initiatives with gay men.