This 15 hour CPD module offers you the opportunity to:
- familiarise with the diverse range of sexual practices that you may encounter within GSRD client work and equip yourself to welcome these clients with confidence
- acknowledge cultural attitudes and messages about sexual practices and consider how these can impact both client and therapist perspectives about what is considered ‘normal’ or ‘abnormal’
- consider the scope, implications and limitations of the Sexual Dysfunctions and Paraphilias classified in the DSM-V
- understand the significance of dialogue around consent when working with clients with diverse sexual practices
- examine your own reactions to client material and consider how you can develop your clinical practice to meet the needs of a wide range of clients with diverse sexual practices
Candidates who submit and pass a short set of tutor-marked questions will achieve a Certificate of Study worth 15 hours of CPD credit from Pink Therapy.
About the Author:
Dr Meg-John Barker is the author of a number of popular books on sex, gender and relationships including Queer: A Graphic History, How To Understand Your Gender, Enjoy Sex (How, When and IF You Want To), Rewriting The Rules, The Psychology Of Sex and The Secrets Of Enduring Love.
They have also written a number of books for scholars and therapists on these topics, including the BACP resource on gender, sexual and relationship diversity (GSRD).