This 15 hour CPD module offers you the opportunity to:
- develop awareness of the wide range of expressions of spirituality that you may encounter as a therapist working with the GSRD client group
- explore why GSRD clients can struggle with internalised negativity caused by their experience of religion and spirituality
- become aware of the risk of ‘spiritual bypassing’ and its implications for GSRD clients when it is used to avoid important intrapsychic enquiry
- consider how you can support GSRD clients exploring unique expressions of spirituality, including when the use of drugs and extreme sex forms part of their spiritual practice
- recognise how religion and spirituality can be helpful to GSRD clients when they are welcomed and integrated into faith communities and consider how this can be a powerful pathway to personal growth and healing
Candidates who submit and pass a short set of tutor-marked questions will achieve a Certificate of Study worth 15 hours of CPD credit from Pink Therapy.
About the Author:
Jaap Westerbos AC Acc. COSRT Acc. NCP Acc. is director of NAOS Institute. He trains therapists, group facilitators, supervisors, executive coaches and leaders. He also counsels individuals and couples in the UK. He published two books: The Tao of Mashed Potatoes (1999) and World Wide We (2004). He has a B.A. in Cultural Anthropology and in Religious Studies and next to this he is an accredited Interfaith Minister.