This 15 hour CPD module offers you the opportunity to:
- identify, understand and consider the needs of older GSRD clients
- acknowledge and explore issues for older GSRD clients within a social context where older people are assumed to be non-sexual and GSRD people are viewed as a minority group
- consider the social and historical factors that may be relevant for older GSRD clients and reflect on therapeutic approaches to past experiences of discrimination and abuse to inform your clinical practice
- understand the varied nature of the experience of ageing for Transgender people and consider what this might mean for individual clients
- explore how you can work with age difference, consider your therapeutic response to older GSRD clients and reflect on how your clinical practice can change and grow as a result of your knowledge and experience
Candidates who submit and pass a short set of tutor-marked questions will achieve a Certificate of Study worth 15 hours of CPD credit from Pink Therapy.
About the Author:
Dr Christopher Whiteley has worked in substance misuse, sexual health and mental health services across his career, as a clinician, researcher and policy advisor. Published in March 2015, Christopher co-authored the first guidance for psychosocial interventions for the treatment of novel psychoactive substance (club drug) misuse NEPTUNE. As a Consultant Clinical Psychologist he is now the Deputy Head of Psychology for a large London NHS Mental Health Trust. He was previously one of the advisory clinicians with Public Health England’s national Alcohol and Drug Team and is a former Deputy Clinical Director with the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology programme, University of East London.
Christopher joined the Pink Therapy Clinical Associates more than 8 years ago, and has many years experience working with gender and sexual diversity clients both in drug and alcohol services and in wider psychological therapy services. Christopher is an accredited Cognitive Behaviour Therapist, Trainer and Supervisor.